[Marxism] Re Peak Oil

Jon Flanders jonflanders at jflan.net
Mon Oct 17 19:46:36 MDT 2005

On further reading I find that Cuba's oil imports from Russia by itself
went from 8.5 million metric tons in 1990 to *1.8* in 1992, and have
been stuck around that figure since. A bit less, actually.

That's a serious drop. Something like 78%.  Cuba must have had to do
some serious scrambling to get even to the overall import figures showed
in the first set I quoted.

Jon Flanders