[Marxism] Statement On Iraqi Alliance

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 10:31:10 MDT 2005

Please distribute widely.  This statement was adopted after thorough
deliberations by the members of the Arab Nationalist list, and was later
endorsed by several other groups such as Arabian2000, Intifada, and Al-3eraq
lists. If your GROUP wishes to add its signature at the bottom, you are more
than welcome.

A Statement on the Democracy of the Arabists in  Occupied Iraq and the
Referendum on the Translated  Constitution

October 16, þ2005

At such a time when the  operations of the heroic Iraqi resistance escalate
in terms of quantity,  quality, and accomplishments,

At such a time when signs foretell  of an impending American defeat in Iraq,
and as the aggression continues to  fail in achieving its political goals on
the rock of the   steadfastedness of Iraqis in the face of imperialist plans
to fragment and  disembowel Iraq,

At such a time when George W. Bush begins to  waver beneath the weight of
facts and figures, about the dead, the injured,  and faltering plans and
botched conspiracies, so much so that he starts  claiming to converse with
the Lord!

At such a time when all  this is taking place, a referendum has been held on
a constitution concocted  for occupied Iraq by American peons.

Hence, we the undersigned,  upon confirming our adherence to the fundamental
precepts of our   struggle against the occupying American enemy, and upon
confirming the  inalienable right of the Arab people in practicing the armed
struggle until  the occupier is defeated and Iraq is liberated, would like to
proclaim the  following:

The occupation of Iraq by America, Britain, and their  allies, regardless of
how little control they may practice over the land, is  intrinsically null
and void.  Therefore, all structures established  upon the edifice of that
occupation are also null and void, regardless of  their nature, extent, or
excuse.

The referendum, in fact, is  an American effort to run forward away from
reality.  It’s an attempt  that reflects the ingrained nature of the US
Government in practicing  delusion, spreading illusion, and exacerbating
internal  conflicts.

Perhaps the referendum is also an attempt to pacify an  American public that
is slowly but keenly becoming more aware of the  quagmire into which its
government has dragged it into, that is, a war where  all possibilities end
up with defeat.

Reality on the field,  and politically, indicates that America is still too
weak to protect its  soldiers in Iraq inside their bases even, and can NOT
permanently control  anything of value outside those bases.

The constitution, despite  all of the efforts its translators expended in
Arabizing and pasting it  together, exposes the essence of the
Zio-Imperialist project and its  objectives in the Arab World.  It remains a
mere link in a chain meant  to transform our region into sectarian
mini-states, ethnic and racial cubes,  fighting other states and reconciling
with other cubes.

This  alleged constitution essentially seeks to break-up Iraq by giving
provinces  the right to self-autonomy.  It seeks to erase the identity of the
land  of Arab Iraq under the pretext of “diversity”.  That is necessarily
going to reflect itself on neighboring Arab states.  The constitution  is a
move that is easily replicable in the whole region starting from  Iraq.  And
the process of the referendum, and what it signifies  politically, cannot
possibly be looked at separately from the closing of the  political siege on
Syria, the effort to “internationalize” and de-Arabize  Lebanon, the
disarming of the Palestinian resistance in Lebanon and Gaza,  the flaming of
racial or sectarian hatred in Egypt, the Sudan, and the Arab  Maghreb, and
the projects to settle Palestinians outside Palestine in  ‘substitute
homelands’.

Thus, any contribution of any  magnitude and at any level in the so-called
constitution, be it by  translating, promoting, or participating in its
referendum process,  regardless of whether that participation was for or
against the  constitution, is an act that serves the occupation.  This leaves
all  those engaged in such acts within the range of the resistance, because
the  bottom line is that there is no legitimacy for ANY political process
under  the yoke of an occupation.

Therefore, we care little about minor  details such as whether the referendum
process was riddled with violations  and infractions or not, and what the
percentages were for  those who  participated and those who boycotted, etc…
since all that is built on what  is null and void, is itself, by definition,
null and void.

In  this regard we would like to draw attention to the particular item of the

constitution giving Iraqis whose citizenship was withdrawn the right of
reclamation.  That effectively means granting many “Israelis” Iraqi
citizenships whose ancestors used to carry it, before leaving for the stolen
land of Palestine, that is.  In other words, this is a loophole meant  to
Zionify Iraq.

In this context, we hereby express our  fervent condemnation of the position
of the Iranian government which has  been cooperating with the occupation in
Iraq on the matter of the referendum  and other matters.  We hereby express
our fervent denunciation as well  of the treasonous position of the Iraqi
Islamic Party (IIP), especially on  the matter of the referendum in which the
IIP called for supporting the  constitution.  In fact, the position of the
IIP in this regard is no  different at all from the treasonous positions of
some Shiite Clergy in Iraq  like Sistani, and the positions of the Higher
Council for Islamic Revolution  in Iraq, and the Da3wa Party.  These are just
some of the birds of  feather flocking around the occupation, whether inside
or outside  Iraq.

Yet as we remember the membership of the IIP in Bremer’s  Council, its
general political course that is wreaking with the stench of  deals cut with
the occupation, and its habit of finding ‘exits’ for the  enemy from the
impasses that the resistance squeezes the occupier into, we  call on all
Islamic parties opposed to the occupation wherever they may be,  especially
the Muslim Brotherhood, to make an unqualified public statement  condemning
the Iraqi Islamic Party and the path of ‘moderation with the  occupation’.

We the undersigned, as we follow with admiration the  accomplishments of the
heroic Iraqi resistance, bow low in respect before  the spilled blood of
Iraqi children, Iraqi martyrs, and before the suffering  of Iraqi prisoners,
especially women prisoners.  We hereby salute the  heroes of the Iraqi
resistance as they defend not only the land and  integrity of Iraq, but the
identity and integrity of all Arab lands in the  face of colonial
fragmentation projects and transplanted civil  wars.

And, regarding occupations, it does not escape us to  mention that the
aggression on Iraq is but the complement of the aggression  on Palestine, and
that support for the Iraqi resistance is necessarily  support for the
Palestinian resistance, and vice versa.

Long  live the resistance, the sole legitimate representative of  Iraq,
Palestine, and all honorable Arab citizens!

Long live Iraq  free and Arab!

Long live Palestine free and  Arab!

Long live the Arab nation free and  united!

“Victory is but the patience of an hour  away”..

The signatories:

The Arab Nationalist List
The  Arab Youth Committee/ The Association against Zionism and Racism, Amman,

Jordan
The North American Committee against Zionism and  Imperialism
The editorial board of the Free Arab Voice
The Arabian2000  List
The Intifada List
Al-3eraq List
Anti-Imperialist Alliance  Scotland