[Marxism] New Liberation Music Orchestra album: Not in Our Name

glparramatta glparramatta at greenleft.org.au
Fri Oct 21 16:14:29 MDT 2005

A pretty jazz waltz is not the first thing that comes to mind if you
want to express political fury at the American administration. Not
unless you're Charlie Haden of course. Jez will be kicking off the show
tonight with the title track from Not In Our Name, by Charlie Haden's
Liberation Music Orchestra, coming thirty six years after that band's
first album protesting against the Vietnam War.

Go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/jazzon3/  and click on ``Listen to the
latest programme''.