[Marxism] Epoch Times

Jeffrey Thomas Piercy, El Pato Comunista mqduck at sonic.net
Sat Oct 22 17:10:14 MDT 2005

rrubinelli wrote:
>  Why is it nice to see the Yankees lose?  You got Oakland and the
> Giants, you can
> be for them.  Just because I think Boston sucks, I took no pleasure when
> Chicago beat them.  Just because I hate Anaheim, Gene Autry, Disney, and
> any team that wears red (baseball team that is, not political team), I
> took no pleasure when the
> Sox beat them.  And I like the White Sox.
>
> What is the deal with hating the Yankees?  Steinbrenner? Hey, we all
> (Yankee fans included) hate Steinbrenner.

What's the point of being a baseball/sports fan if you can't cheer for
those you like and snear at those you dislike? It's not like there's any
real meaning either way. Anyhow, the reason to hate the Yankees is
simply that it's tiring to see them win all the time. The Yankees are
like Brazil's soccer/football team. They're so damn dominant, one wants
to celebrate whenever they lose.

--
be-
bop