[Marxism] Cardinal says Castro told him pope welcome to visitCuba(CNS) - Going backwards Too Many Steps!

John Obrien causecollector at msn.com
Sun Oct 23 15:27:45 MDT 2005

When it comes to the real history of discrimination and violence against Gays and Lesbians - Carol writes "this endless mucking about in ancient history continues to be a drag" - I assume she does not mean - that the only history is of drag queens - but instead means 'why do we need to care about this history!'

Strange words and views from someone, identified as an historical materialist!  I have read a number of emails from her - that refers to history many times on this lists! I guess this curious response by her - is because "I have struck a nerve of insensitivity - or sensitivity, as the case" - on a subject that "may offend her" - as it does the pope and his supporters!

Or am I wrong on this too - and unknown to me, she is an active member of a Gay/Lesbian rights group too?  There are just so many activists for Gay and Lesbian rights these days! Is it possible that I have made a grievous mistake here and wrong interpretation - on what she is really meaning!?  If so - I apologize.

As I must do - to all those defenders of "the truth" and active fighters for rights.

John O'Brien