[Marxism] Upcoming in Detroit

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Oct 24 10:35:03 MDT 2005

Friends- A couple of items - David Sole
    1.    I want to especially urge groups around Michigan to consider
sending a delegation to the National Conference to Reclaim Our Cities:
"Money for our cities/Not for War!" on Nov. 12 in Detroit.  We already have
folks coming from Benton Harbor, Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti, Lansing.
While there are some activities Friday night and Sunday morning, the main
program is Saturday, the 12th.  While we link the deteriorating conditions
in our cities to the war and Pentagon budgets, we might also use this
opportunity to deepen our coordination of activities around the state.  If
the Michigan delegates want to, we can schedule a Michigan meeting sometime
during the day.  More info at www.reclaimourcities.org.

    For Detroit area folks who are going to participate - please consider
housing some out of town delegates in your home for one or two nights (the
11th and/or 12th).  Please email me if you can do this.

    2. Detroit area:  Public Forum- "Understanding Palestine" featuring
Joyce Chediac, Lebanese-American writer and lecturer, former managing editor
of Workers World newspaper.  Topics include- The origins of the Zionist
movement; the west discovers mideast oil; the formation of the Israeli
state; Israel-base of western imperialism; the current situation and the
prospects for the future.  Saturday, Oct. 29, 5 PM at 5920 Second Avenue (at
Antoinette St., just north of Wayne State Univ.).
Dinner served at 5 PM followed by forum and discussion.