[Marxism] Wilma's surge flooding paralyzes Havana (Reuters)

Eli Stephens elishastephens at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 17:43:42 MDT 2005

In the last day or two I've seen reports on at least three different
channels (CNN's Lucia Newman, and two others) about Cuban efforts in the
face of hurricanes. Buses and trucks arriving to evacuate people, people
even (in one case shown on TV) loading a small appliance on the bus, etc. In
all cases quite favorable coverage, without any (that I noticed) negative
comments (it wouldn't be hard to inject a comment about government "tyranny"
"forcing" people to do something against their will if a reporter was
inclined to do so, but there was none of that).

And the reports I saw on TV about the Havana flooding were pretty
straightforward footage and factual coverage. One interesting point was they
noted how the amphibious vehicles behind used to move people around Havana
had previously been used in the war in Angola.

Eli Stephens
  Left I on the News
  http://lefti.blogspot.com