[Marxism] whites only towns

Jscotlive at aol.com Jscotlive at aol.com
Thu Oct 27 01:45:34 MDT 2005

calvinbroadbent at hotmail.com writes:

I  believe that America is possibly the most racist society the world
has  ever seen, and that that fact has yet to properly impact even the left
there.

Reply:

Though I disagree with you strongly re your comments on Galloway, I agree
with your comments here.

I've always felt that the US Left has in effect parked the National  Question
with regard to the oppressed black community to one side, due mainly to  the
difficulty in engaging with those communities where an honest mistrust  exists
when it comes to whites. As yet there has been no meaningful  participation
by blacks either in the antiwar movement, labor movement or even  in any of the
so-called vanguard parties that exist there. I feel that whites,  white
groups, etc., rather than reaching out to those communitas for the  purposes of
recruitment, they should be campaigning in their own communities  against the
racism and poverty which blacks are forced to endure. In the US the  blacks
suffer a domestic imperialism every bit as pernicious as that inflicted  on the
people of Iraq. Until the US Left recognises this fact then they will  always be
deficient as a viable movement for social change.

J.