[Marxism] Re: Hitchens and Orwell

Lueko Willms l.willms at jpberlin.de
Thu Oct 27 15:46:00 MDT 2005

.    On  27.10.05
  wrote  Midhurst14 at aol.com
     on  /ALIST/MARXMAIL
     in  20.5024330d.30925a10 at aol.com
  about  Re: [Marxism] Hitchens and Orwell

M> It's a toss up who is the bigger arsehole.
M> On balance, Orwell who gave names to MI5.

   I think, this is not really what arouses the hate for George Orwell
among the stalinists, but his complete destruction of the stalinist
lies about the revolutionists in the Spanish Civil War in Orwell's
"Hommage to Catalunya".

   Orwell had so thoroughly demolished all the lies about the POUM and
other currents who did not fight against the revolution, leaving
nothing of the mountain of lies. That is the real offence which the
Stalinists never pardoned Orwell for.

Yours,

"Die Arbeit in weißer Haut kann sich nicht dort emanzipieren, wo sie
in schwarzer Haut gebrandmarkt wird."     - Karl Marx     12.11.1866