[Marxism] Boston Area - TV program on Proportional Voting

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Thu Oct 27 17:58:53 MDT 2005

With the elections closing in, residents are encouraged to educate
themselves about Cambridge's unique voting system. "The People's Guide
to Cambridge" is an educational program exploring how and why
Cambridge's proportional representation voting system came to be.
Cambridge is one of the few cities in the nation with a PR voting
system. The basic principles underlying PR elections are that all
voters deserve representation and that all political groups in society
deserve to be proportionally represented in our legislative bodies.

You can learn more about our PR voting system by tuning in to "The
People's Guide to Cambridge" on Channel 9 Friday, Oct. 28, at 11 a.m.
and 6 p.m.; Sunday, Oct. 30, at 5 p.m.; Tuesday through Thursday, Nov.
1 to 3, at 9 a.m.; Friday, Nov. 4, at 10 a.m.; and Sunday, Nov. 6, at
11 p.m.
http://www2.townonline.com/cambridge/artsLifestyle/view.bg?
articleid=355486