[Marxism] whites only towns

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Oct 27 20:01:17 MDT 2005

> Re: [Marxism] whites only towns
>

> To: Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition
> <marxism at lists.econ.utah.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Marxism] whites only towns
> From: Jon Flanders <jonflanders at jflan.net>
> Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:56:35 -0400
> Sender: marxism-bounces at lists.econ.utah.edu
>

> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 17:49 -0700, MICHAEL YATES wrote:
> > I lived in Johnstown, Pensylvania from 1969 until 1988.  I taught
> at a
> > college there.  Johnstown was an inordinately racist town.  You
> couldn't go
> > into a bar without someone making a racial slur within ten
> minutes.  One of
> > my colleagues, a white woman, was dating a black man (whom she later
> > married).  She had taken a small apartment in the downtown of the
> city.  Her
> > boyfriend had made a couple of visits to see her, and soon after
> someone
> > torched her apartment.
>
> I hope you post this in the MRZine.
>
> Jon Flanders

I'll get to it shortly.  There are so many articles -- including
Lou's, Stan's, and several other marxism posters' -- on my To-Be-
Published-Soon list!!!  (As you realize, "soon" is a very flexible
concept in this context.)

Yoshie Furuhashi
<http://montages.blogspot.com>
<http://monthlyreview.org>
<http://mrzine.org>
* Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/mahmoud-
ahmadinejads-face.html>;  <http://montages.blogspot.com/2005/07/chvez-
congratulates-ahmadinejad.html>; <http://montages.blogspot.com/
2005/06/iranian-working-class-rejects.html>