[Marxism] Re: Cyber coolies

rrubinelli rrubinelli at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 30 12:39:19 MST 2005

My objection is to the term, and characterizaton of this work, as
"coolie labor."  The work itself is no different than similar work done
in the United States at call centers in Florida, California, Texas.  It
is no more debilitating, and a lot less destructive, than the work done
by women in food processing, textiles, and electronics assembly
industries.  That does not mean I support the anti-union, outsourcing of
such work.   I object to classifying such labor as "coolie" labor; such
classification is incorrect, mis-leading, and IMO, as racist as the term
coolie is in its historical application.

rr