[Marxism] re: 7 Oaks/Ted Glick Exchange

M. Junaid Alam alam1 at lefthook.org
Mon Oct 31 16:16:58 MST 2005

Ted Glick is an extremely slippery character. He sounds good on paper
and in his books - even in his correspondence - but after trying to get
something solid and "real" out of him in terms of the whole Green Party
debacle,  his essays on what leftists should do, the nature of the war,
I just got the growing sense that something was not quite clicking and
requested that we disengage further correspondence. It looks like the
fine folks at 7 Oaks came to much the same conclusion.

That said, the Iranian leader behaved like a buffoon. He could have made
a much more eloquent and intelligent presentation of the anti-Zionist
case, instead of repeating the same Hollywood B-movie stereotypical
trope usually delivered by "Arab baddies." Once again, we are exposed to
the very real limits of Islamism as an ideology.