[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Mon Apr 3 07:43:04 MDT 2006

Joaquin has unsubbed.

He claims that David Walters has "libelled" him by accusing him of
"slandering" the COB in Bolivia. And when I didn't allow his refutation of
David to appear on the list, his "veracity and integrity" were undermined.

Well, what can I say. I brought up the question of characterizing other
list members as reflecting white chauvinism from imperialist nations and he
chose to ignore that. Seems we had a little breakdown in communications.

Joaquin wrote me a while back in dismay that the list was now reflecting
Trotskyist conceptions about Latin America that apparently I was acting as
a transmission belt for. That was certainly news to me, I must say. That
was the last thing I heard from him offlist. My impression is that he was
growing ever more intolerant of views that did not agree with his on the
Latin American revolution. Of course, that does not seem to get in the way
of his participating in Solidarity, an organization that includes probably
a majority of people who view Castro as little better than Batista.

I imagine that Joaquin will continue reading the archives as most
ex-subscribers do. Just today Mark Lause forwarded me an angry missive from
Tony Abdo who was removed from the list over 3 years ago and still
apparently reads the archives.

This much I can say. If Joaquin ever returns (and he of course certainly
can), I will still not permit characterizations of those he disagrees with
in terms of where they live or the color of their skin. That kind of rot
went out of style in the 1970s along with Nehru jackets and bell-bottom
pants. There is no need to revive it now.

--

www.marxmail.org