[Marxism] French not fans of the capitalist system

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 3 18:36:35 MDT 2006

Prem K Govindaswamy wrote:

>That's right the Indians who can afford the costs of
> phone connections. The upper classes, the tiny elite who benefit from the
> free market.

In 1936 the Literary Digest predicted Landon would win on the basis of a
telephone poll. While I guess telephone polls more or less work now in
the U.S., they didn't in 1936. The results were so wrong that the
Literary Digest went out of business. I think the LD polls had been
accurate in earlier elections, but in 1936 there was a flood of new
voters.

Carrol