[Marxism] Re: Israel lobby controversy

Gilles d'Aymery aymery at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 4 23:07:19 MDT 2006

My thanks to M. Junaid Alam, whose enlightening comments clearly
demonstrated the difference between a Jewish state and a Muslim state.

Being "pretty daft," I would appreciate it if he could be kind enough to
enlighten me further.

Is having a non-Muslim state "in the middle of the Muslim world" a
capital sin?

Maybe it is. I do not know.

To keep within that frame of references:

Is having a non-Christian state in the middle of the Christian world a
capital sin too? (B-H, Albania, come to mind).

Moreover, should a Muslim state become a part of the Christian world? Mr.
Le Pen and his European counterparts do not think so... (cf. Turkey).

I did not know that we had more than one world...

I did not know either that it was all about Christianity, Islam, and
Judaism.

But I am not too old to learn.

(and I shall not even broach the notion of settler states. As we all
know, the existence of states has nothing to do with settlers,
historically speaking!!!)

Anyway, as I've said in a previous post, there is no way to convince
people rationally when emotionalism is at stake. And, at the risk of
repeating myself again (please, excuse me), instead of getting all angry
about ethnicities and religions perhaps one could go back to the abc:
capitalism, imperialism, oil, military-industrial complex...

With no ill-feeling and unecessary insults, but with a tad of perplexity,
I remain,

yours sincerely,
Gilles d'Aymery
Swans Commentary