[Marxism] Sarcasms

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Wed Apr 5 11:12:51 MDT 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:5 Apr 2006, a las 9:50

> Just to repeat myself, I don't find generalizations about what kind of
> revolution Bolivia needs that useful. I am much more interested in an
> explanation about the social features of the Aymara versus the
> Quechua. Or what led to the conflict called the Great Chaco War. Or
> about the  1952 revolution and its aftermath.

Dear Louis, there are large libraries, I also repeat myself, on these
issues, either from a Marxist viewpoint or different viewpoints but
full of interest and data.  Translating reams and reams of important
info is not within the limits of both my time constraints and budget
tightness.  My question was, obviously, rhethoric.

But the fact is that most of what passes for "Marxist" analysis of
the Bolivian reality abroad comes from a quite different source, the
source that, and I am REALLY SORRY to say it, has always somehow or
other managed to find itself forming an objective block with the
enemies of the Bolivian masses at each mayor historic bend.

Maybe your sources in English are good, I don't know them.  But one
thing is for sure:  you won't be able to understand the complex
peculiarities of the Bolivian situation, and those issues that you
point out so reasonably, with the "mainstream"  Marxist chatter that
passes for "in-depth-knowledge" outside Latin America.

Once upon a time, I began to write a series of historical notes on
Argentina for this list, which took me too long and was left
unfinished.  I can't go ahead with that, so how could I go ahead with
Bolivia, too?

Maybe a short bibliography, but in Spanish for this is what I have
access to, can be compiled.  I don't know, however, if these books
can be obtained in the US, etc.

Do you understand, now, dear Louis, why my sarcasm as regards the -
not an exaggeration- twenty linear feet of shelves that should be
translated and my not having the budget?

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]