[Marxism] Re: Venezuela's Caruachi hydro plant inaugurated 2160 MWplant!

dwalters at marxists.org dwalters at marxists.org
Wed Apr 5 15:59:32 MDT 2006

 Vijaya, of course you are correct. I was letting my enthusiam for Venezuelan's
non-fossil energy development get the better of me. After I hit the send
button, I immediatly thought "uh-oh". Everything I stated was correct too, so,
in a situation like this, it's a balance based on the facts at the scene. We
don't know what was sacrificed to garner the generation of this power, as
'green' as it is. That's for people in Venezuela to discuss (which, there
appears, to be little availabe on the internet). This project was initiated
well before Chavez came to power, and, as the article indicates, there is to be
third leg to it in the future. Perhaps others with more intimate knowledge of
the envriormental questions locally can get more ifno.

David