[Marxism] More on Humala's inspirations

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu Apr 6 09:22:27 MDT 2006

Mr Humala's political views are still roughly formed but they are permeated
by his military background. "My military training taught me discipline," he
says. "We also need discipline in the country, in our politics and in our
economy." He admires Napoleon, Charles de Gaulle and Juan Velasco, the
left-leaning general who was dictator of Peru from 1968 to 1975. He
supports the reintroduction of the death penalty and says in office he
would use the army to build infrastructure, schools and hospitals.

--Financial Times (London, England), December 8, 2005

--

www.marxmail.org