[Marxism] FW: Mazher Mahmood

www.leninology. blogspot.com leninology at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 6 12:19:38 MDT 2006

Below is an e-mail from the News of World's Night News editor threatening me
with legal action for publishing the pictures of disgraced journalist Mahzer
Mahmood.  Mahzer had been caught trying to induce corruption on the part of
George Galloway MP, with additional plans to carry out the same against
other left-wingers.  As New Labour is sinking in corruption, the News
International empire loyally serves power by trying to conduct sting
operations on left-wing MPs.

The pictures are published here:
http://leninology.blogspot.com/2006/04/fake-sheikh.html

Of course, the guy's threat is entirely spurious since I personally hadn't
been served with an injunction and at any rate, a contempt of court charge
would be difficult to pin on a blogger.

It just illustrates the lengths that the corporate media will go to in order
to preserve their ability to despoil lives.  The hypocrisy is blinding: they
wanted to prevent the revelation of Mahzer's identity on grounds of privacy
and personal protection, when they have personally hounded people to death,
including publishing a picture of an alleged 'paedophile', which led to an
innocent man being kicked to death by an angry mob.  Their final defeat in
the courts today is a massive benchmark for UK media law.