[Marxism] "London Calling"/Zep = terrorism (!)

Anna Fierling anna_fierling at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 10:32:07 MDT 2006

'Playing The Clash made me a terror suspect'  by ANNE CAMPBELL, Metro 08:06am 5th April 2006

  A mobile phone salesman was hauled off a plane and questioned for three hours as a terror suspect - because he listened to songs by The Clash and Led Zeppelin.
  Harraj Mann, 24, played the punk anthem London Calling and classic rock track Immigrant Song in a taxi before a flight to London.   The lyrics to both tracks made the driver fear his passenger was a terrorist.

  The words of the Clash track begin: "London calling to the faraway towns, now war is declared and battle come down." And Led Zep's Immigrant Song goes: "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands, to fight the horde, singing and crying: Valhalla, I am coming!"....

  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=382039&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

Anna Fierling
Otto-Suhr-Institut
FU-Berlin

"Freiheit ist immer Freiheit der Andersdenkenden."