[Marxism] Kurds, again

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Fri Apr 7 18:32:17 MDT 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:7 Apr 2006, a las 10:32

> Again on the Kurdish question and national self-determination
>
> By Bob Gould
>
> Louis Proyect responds to my posts on the Kurdish question with more
> documents by other people and doesn't clearly indicate his own view.
> We're expected, perhaps, to draw conclusions from the documents.
>

> Nestor puts up one of his fairly complex pieces and he seems to agree
> with me that calling on the Kurds to stay in a predominantly Arab Iraq
> is requiring a kind of self-denying ordinance that no nationality in
> history has ever adopted. Again, if I've misunderstood Nestor he can
> correct me.

Well, I did not intend to write a fairly complex piece, indeed.  I
was surprised at the definition, so that I searched for my short
posting on Kurds, where I say, commenting on someone else's...

....> A new and possibly
> epochal struggle against imperialism in the Middle East is taking
> shape and it would be a tragedy for the Kurdish people to once
> again choose the wrong side.

I asked:

No human group marches blindly and willfully towards suicide.

Has anybody tried to understand what is it that makes Kurds not
follow this rule?

This was all.  I made no statement, indeed, and maybe that's why Bob
considered my piece "complex".  It wasn't, it was a declaration of
amazed ignorance.  I was plainly expressing my own questions, and
suggesting some road away of the apparently unsolvable equation.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]