[Marxism] MarkL and Lincoln

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Apr 9 17:43:47 MDT 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:9 Apr 2006, a las 12:00

> On Bolivar, his attitude toward slaves was not that different from
> Lincoln's, who was more interested in preserving the union than in
> emancipation. It was only out of military necessity that he took up
> the cause of freeing the slaves in an unqualified manner. I know that
> Mark Lause will disagree with this, but that's what makes this list
> interesting!

I don't know what will Mark Lause's reaction.  But Lincoln _openly
stated_ that he would broach the emancipation issue according to the
way it would impinge on the issue of union.  I think that whoever has
the time left can make a browse of his writings and speeches and find
the declaration he issued on this.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar