[Marxism] Latest issue of Science & Society (April 2006)

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Wed Apr 12 15:02:49 MDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:19:21 -0400 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> writes:
> Jim F. wrote:
> >The latest issue (April 2006) of the Marxist quarterly, Science &
> Society
> >features papers from a symposium that was held back in 2003 on the
> >twenty-fifth anniversary of G.A. Cohen's book, Karl Marx's Theory
> of
> >History: A Defence. These papers by David Laibman, Paul Nolan,
> Renzo
> >Llorente, Alex Callinocos, and Alan Carling explore varous aspects
> of the
> >interpretation of historical materialism that was put forth in
> Cohen's
> >book and what relevance it may have for contemporary Marxists.
>
> Aeons ago, I wrote some articles critiquing Cohen and his fellow
> Analytical
> Marxists at:
>
> http://www.columbia.edu/~lnp3/mydocs/analytical_marxism.htm

BTW both Charles Brown and I, had email exchanges with
Alan Carling several years ago over some of the very same issues that he
and
the other writers cover in the new issue of Science & Society.

See:
http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu/msg02654.h
tml
http://www.mail-archive.com/marxism-thaxis@lists.econ.utah.edu/msg02672.h