[Marxism] Re:Iraq-Iran

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sun Apr 16 21:18:37 MDT 2006

I was very confident that they were just hissing and saber-rattling when
they were talking about Afghanistan.  Surely, I thought, somebody in the
hierarchy will point out the problems of invading and occupying
Afghanistan.

Iraq was no surprise, though the entire thing left me simply stunned.
Everyone--including way too many progressives--were spouting that
"mission accomplished" nonsense and getting their backs up when I told
them that they were going to find Iraq as tough an extraction as
Vietnam.

So, here we are with Iran on the table.  Nuclear weapons, eh?  We heard
that one before.  And the non-government authorities say its nonsense.
Been there, done that.  (And, btw, they won't just take one corner of
it.  They'd have to smash the Iranian state and that'd require the kind
of reconstruction that's worked so well for them in Afghanistan and
Iraq.

Won't a third such "victory" cripple the U.S. economy, and become
impossible to prosecute without the draft?

ML