[Marxism] Scott Ritter and the military in politics

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Thu Apr 20 07:11:15 MDT 2006

[Marxism list readers, please excuse cross-posting.  I think some may
be interested in the lines below.  Originally posted on the A-List.]

Respuesta a:"[A-List] FYI: Interview With Scott Ritter"
Enviado por:tony black
Con fecha:19 Apr 2006, a las 23:15

> Scott Ritter:  once you join
> the military, you’re apolitical. You may have a
> personal ideology, but the bottom line is, you serve
> your country, not a president.

It is noteworthy to realize that _this_ is exactly the core ideology
of the coup d'Etat.  The military thus become the Supreme Good, and
once they begin to believe that they are the Single Good, then they
will not follow the First Law of Robotics ("Never harm a human
being").

BTW:  maybe the recurrent theme in Hollywood bourgeois sci-fi
(machines revolting against humans, machines not following the First
Law..) may have something to do with the uneasiness of a social
class, the imperialist bourgeoisie, that is _not always the same
thing as the machine it relies on for survival_, that is the military
machine...

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar