[Marxism] Ontario Provincial Police Attack Mohawk Reclamation

kersplebedeb info at kersplebedeb.com
Thu Apr 20 10:05:47 MDT 2006

As many of you may know, for the past 52 days members of the Mohawk
Nation, following the direction of the traditional Clan Mothers, have
been occupying a construction site just outside of Caledonia, a small
town in Ontario.

This morning the occupation was attacked by the police. So far it looks
as if the the police attack failed - despite some arrests, people from
the Six Nations reservation drove the cops off a few hours after the
initial raid.

(I have been covering this on my blog at
http://sketchythoughts.blogspot.com/ ; for background i recommend you
see the posts
http://sketchythoughts.blogspot.com/2006/04/reclaiming-stolen-land-updates.html
and
http://sketchythoughts.blogspot.com/2006/04/background-on-haldimand-grant.html)

Today would be a particularly important time for people to contact the
Canadian authorities to let them know that you are aware of what is
going on, that you support the demands of the "occupation"/reclamation
at Douglas Creek, and that you urge them to call of the police.

Stephen Harper, Prime Minister, pm at pm.gc.ca <mailto:pm at pm.gc.ca>

Michaelle Jean, Governor General:
Phone:     (613) 993-8200
Toll Free: 1-800-465-6890
Fax: (613) 998-1664
Email: info at gg.ca <mailto:info at gg.ca>

Michael Bryant, Ontario Attorney General
Phone:     (416) 326-2220 or (416) 326-2210
Toll Free: 1-800-518-7901
Fax: (416) 326-4007
Email: http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/
english/comments.asp
<http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/comments.asp>

There is a report on the police raid by Kahentinetha Horn on my blog
(http://sketchythoughts.blogspot.com/2006/04/ontario-provincial-police-attack-six.html);of
the mainstream press you can see CBC's report here
http://www.cbc.ca/story/news/national/2006/04/20/caledonia-protest060420.html