[Marxism] Do Latino immigrants drive down wages (was:"RE:immigration issues")

Joaquín Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 20 22:38:43 MDT 2006

"sartesian" --Josh Saxe, I assume, or someone doing an incredibly good
imitation-- comes up with what is almost a self-parody of an economist
reductionist bowdlerization of Marxism.

Especially enlightening is the refusal to recognize that immigration is one
of the ways the United States as a country exploits Mexico as a country
because, don't you see, Mexico didn't really have a need for all those
workers, and anyways they send remittances home.

So I would ask sartesian whether he thinks there is such a thing as
imperialism and whether it has anything to do with Mexican and other Latin
American immigration to the U.S., or the relations between the U.S. and
Mexico generally.

Joaquín