[Marxism] Stanford protesters block Bush's visit to Hoover Institute

Walter Lippmann walterlx at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 22 14:12:32 MDT 2006

From:  	   Jane Franklin <janefranklin at hotmail.com>
To: 	     janefranklin at hotmail.com
Subject:   Stanford protesters block Bush's visit to Hoover Institute
Date:       Apr 22, 2006 4:03 PM

With our background at Stanford--veterans of many a battle regarding the
infamous Hoover Institute, this story thrills Bruce and me!  It was one of
the first stories I read in The New York Times this morning.  I could not
find it in the San Francisco Chronicle but I did find it (below) in the San
Jose Mercury News.  I can just picture the scene.  Wonderful news!

Siempre,
Jane Franklin
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jbfranklins

Posted on Fri, Apr. 21, 2006

Protesters force Bush to move Stanford meeting

Mercury News

President Bush's visit to Stanford University's Hoover Institution was
quickly moved to another location after more than 1,000 protesters converged
around the Hoover tower.

The White House said the protesters blocked the only road into the central
areaof the campus where Hoover is located, which forced a meeting with
several Hoover fellows to be moved to the campus home of former Secretary of
State George Shultz, a Hoover fellow who organized the gathering.

The motorcade instead traveled to the house, which is on the outer edge of
campus.

The change in plans delayed the president's arrival by about 15 minutes.

Protesters said they were disappointed that the President would not see them
and accused the President of sneaking around to avoid them.