[Marxism] Re: Problems and Realities 3

sartesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 22 19:51:42 MDT 2006

And more..

I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't picture "growth," such
as it is, surviving $75/barrel oil.  I'm not real good at predicting
things (I was absolutely convinced Carter would beat Reagan), nor do I
hold to "tipping point" theories, perfect storms, etc. but $75/barrel
for oil?  With 59 supercontainer ships set to join the fleet this year,
bringing the total number of this ships from 0 to 140 in 2 years... with
massive overproduction of autos, and steel..?

Sky isn't falling, but can't imagine there isn't a massive "correction"
looming on the horizon-- and then another war... like using the Kurds to
provoke or stage a conflict between Iran and Iraq...