[Marxism] JW 18, Venezuela, Petkoff

Nestor Gorojovsky nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
Sun Apr 23 17:21:55 MDT 2006

Enviado por:marxism-request at lists.econ.utah.edu
Con fecha:23 Apr 2006, a las 10:47

> I went to a small, private reception for him back in the 80s.  He
> seemed like a nice, left-liberal guy.  I don't recall him drinking
> heavily.  His friend, who brought him to Chico, speaks of him with
> disgust now.  Could it only be whisky?

This is the disastrous consequence of e-mail and "text only" format,
not to speak of my own clumsy English.

I don't know a word about Petkoff's drinking habits.

When I wrote about the influence of the Johnny Walker 18 years
imports, I was thinking of the "progressive" middle class layers he
is representing.  Middle class in the L.American sense, not owners of
means of production, but free roaming professionals, etc.

It is somehow refreshing that these groups choose a candidate of
their own, and that this candidate comes to the fore, instead of
keeping track of the "Miamera" maffia led by the US Embassy.  It is
also dangerous for the Revolution, but this is another issue.

Este correo lo ha enviado
Néstor Miguel Gorojovsky
nestorgoro at fibertel.com.ar
[No necesariamente es su autor]