[Marxism] Dissention among right wingers

James Zarichny zarichny at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 20:50:36 MDT 2006

Am I correct in thinking that dissention among right
wingers is intensifying and reaching levels not seen
in many years?  Jim

<http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/19/dobbs.hu/index.html>
April 19, 2006
Dobbs: Hu's visit shows who's in charge
By Lou Dobbs
CNN
Wednesday, April 19, 2006; Posted: 6:57 p.m. EDT
(22:57 GMT)

NEW YORK CITY -- Chinese President Hu Jintao meets
with President Bush in the nation's capital Thursday
after a cross-country trip for Hu that follows
his state dinner with billionaire Bill Gates.

The Chinese president's first two days in this country
included stops at Boeing and Microsoft, raising
questions about the purpose of President
Hu's visit. The fact that Hu's summit at the White
House comes only after touring two of our most
profitable businesses means "checkbook diplomacy" is
no longer purely an American strategy.

China's economy has grown by an average of about 10
percent a year over the past two decades. This year,
China moved ahead of Britain and France to become the
world's fourth-largest economy. It's also changing the
global supply chain, becoming the world's leading
buyer of basic commodities, whether grain, meat, coal
and steel, and is second to only the United States
in consumption of oil. China is buying up American
companies and other multinational corporations with
almost $900 billion of hard currency reserves.

China has now arrived, and we no longer refer to our
series on China's rapid economic and military build-up
as "Red Star Rising." The title of that reporting is
now "Red Storm."

But the Red Storm cannot be blamed for its continued
manipulation of its currency, for its record $202
billion trade surplus with the United States or for
buying up American businesses and hard assets around
the globe while restricting access to its market and
economy.

The fault lies entirely with the U.S. government, our
lack of strategy and our failed policies. This
administration and U.S. multinational corporations
have lost sight of the national interest. This
administration and the Republican-led Congress have
permitted the dismantling of America's manufacturing
base and created a dependency on China for our
clothing, computers, consumer electronics and a host
of other products that is greater than our dependency
on foreign oil.

Make no mistake: Our leaders are the fools, and
China's leaders are not to be blamed for taking
advantage of this administration's commitment to
faith-based economic theories and so-called free trade
that permits the Chinese access to the world's richest
consumer market while China denies our
businesses access to its emerging market.

We can only blame ourselves and our business leaders
for offshoring production to China. We can only blame
ourselves and our business leaders for permitting the
transfer of our knowledge base in technology to China.
And we can only blame ourselves and our business
leaders for shipping middle-class jobs to China in
search of lower labor costs.

When you watch President Hu and President Bush shake
hands at the White House, it would be wise for all of
us to remember what that handshake costs America. And
remember, there's a reason President Hu met with
business leaders in Seattle first. He obviously knows
who's really in charge of this country.

***