[Marxism] Scratches, Gangrene and the elephant in the room no one wants to talk about

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Mon Apr 24 02:53:58 MDT 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 15:48:41 -0400, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

  I refer myself to these paragraphs of your contribution:

> Louis writes, "And, just to repeat a point to Joaquin
> that I've made before, I would strongly advise him
> not to leap immediately into the 'scratch to gangrene'
> mode that he has exhibited here over the past 6 months."

> Louis,
>
> 	The issue isn't scratches and gangrene, but something else.
> It is a question of looking at the intersection of
> political line with patterns of oppression.

 [...]

> 	I know Louis doesn't like, this, he thinks it is
> "white baiting" but at some point it is necessary to
> *accurately* describe in social and political terms
> the character of a line and approach that relegates
> immigrants to the status of unpersons in their own movement.
> And, while it is a "mistake," that isn't the only word
> I had in mind.

  I don't know what Louis is thinking deep in his heart, and I agree
mostly with your analysis of the objective situation, but what I don't
like about some of your contributions, is that your language turns
quickly violent and into personal attacks. And this does not help the
discussion on this list.

  Please try to stay polite and stick with the objective tone you have
displayed so fine in this latest contribution which I am replying to.
Your life doesn't depend on silencing the opportunists.

Comradely yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany