[Marxism] FW: Labor Party: Ten Thousand South Carolinians Say Yes!

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Wed Apr 26 18:04:38 MDT 2006

-----Original Message-----

From: Labor Party Ballot Access Campaign

 [mailto:southcarolina at thelaborparty.org]

Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Subject: 10,000 South Carolinians Say Yes!

Ten Thousand South Carolinians Say Yes!

As you know, the Labor Party launched a bold campaign last December to
implement an electoral strategy in South Carolina - to win ballot access,
build a state party and run candidates. Today, we are pleased to announce
that 10,000 South Carolinians have signed our petition in support of Labor
Party ballot access!

"I am excited," says Donna Dewitt, president of the SC AFL-CIO, "that we
have reached the 10,000 signature threshold and am encouraged by the
enthusiastic reception from union members and from the general public. And
it especially means a lot to me as a trade unionist that the campaign is
generating support all across the country. We are well on our way to being
the first state in the nation where workers can vote for a real party of our
own."

Although reaching 10,000 signatures marks an important threshold, we need a
cushion of several thousand more signatures to ensure that we meet the state
election commission's rather onerous requirements. "Our brothers and sisters
in South Carolina are willing to stand on the front lines to make this
happen," says National Organizer Mark Dudzic. "But they need your support!
Please help make this happen!"

Help us get needed resources into the field in South Carolina by making a
contribution to the South Carolina Ballot Access Campaign.

Contribute Today! -
<http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=7
3927033&u=677679>click here or go to
<http://en.groundspring.org/EmailNow/pub.php?module=URLTracker&cmd=track&j=7
3927033&u=677680>http://www.thelaborparty.org/j_index2.html.

If you prefer to contribute by mail, please send a check made payable to
Labor Party (write South Carolina in the memo line) and mail to Labor Party,
PO Box 53177, Washington, DC 20009.

If you have contributed recently, please accept our sincere thanks.

For more information on the South Carolina campaign, please visit
<http//:www.thelaborparty.org>http//:www.thelaborparty.org

Thank you for your support!

Our postal address is

PO Box 53177