[Marxism] Justin Raimondo on the Yale/Juan Cole controversy

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Fri Apr 28 00:18:07 MDT 2006

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:55:46 -0400 "Louis R Godena" <louisgodena at ids.net>
writes:
> Louis;
>
> I'm surprised you'd forward this rant in which Lenin (and Trotsky)
> are
> referred to as "major league thugs" and, in effect, lumping them in
> with the
> Taliban.

I don't think it's any secret that Raimondo is a right-winger,
a kind of libertarian Buchananite. So it's hardly a surprise
that he would take gratuitous swipes at Lenin or Trotsky.
That's hardly the interesting aspect of his piece. Rather what
is of interest, is his harsh attacks on the neo-conservatives
associated with the Bush Administration. He emphatically
makes the point that these people are shameless liars,
who will say the most outrageous and completely unfounded
things about critics of that Administration. That is probably
not news to most people here but it does seem to be news
to large sections of the American public who have only
recently begun to wake up to this fact. So it's important
if dissident rightists like Raimondo are able to help
disaffected Bushites see the truth on this matter.
Certainly it can be said that Raimondo has been doing
a better job in this regard that many of the liberals, who
even at this late date, still attempt to cover for the Bush
Administration, since whether they want to admit or not,
they are in basic agreement with the Administration on
most foreign policy issues, particularly in regards to the
Middle East.