[Marxism] RE: Nuestro Himno -- Our Anthem

sartesian sartesian at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 29 10:33:25 MDT 2006

Man, am I ever confused.  One the one hand movement of the nation of
Latino peoples, on the other hand singing the Star Spangled
Slaveholders' Banner, but in Spanish, which is, only too appropriate
given Spain's role in the history of slavery, and the US role as the
replacement for, and heir to, the miserable legacy of the conquest.

Give me rock and roll,  merengue, son, salsa, bolero, cumbia, bluse, and
most of all give me the Internationale, take the US national anthem and
dump it, in any and all languages, in the garbage can where it belongs.