[Marxism] On Bush's reaction to Nuestro Himno

Lüko Willms lueko.willms at t-online.de
Sun Apr 30 07:35:05 MDT 2006

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 14:34:00 -0400, Joaquín Bustelo wrote:

> Bush isn't being vicious or
> stupid nor anything like that, he's doing what he HAS to do to try to
> contain this movement and stop its spread.

  I understand that Bush made his opposition to singing of "Nuestro
Himno" at a press conference on Friday afternoon.

  "He also expressed opposition to a national work stoppage", the WTOP
website reported, "called for Monday to dramatize the importance of
immigrants to the U.S. economy."

  The next sentence made me laugh: "'I'm not a supporter of boycotts,'
Bush said".

  Why doesn't he end the one against Cuba then?

L.W.

Lüko Willms
Frankfurt, Germany