[Marxism] Moderator's note

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Sun Apr 30 11:58:41 MDT 2006

I am really god-damned pissed off and heads are going to roll this time.

The other day Fred Feldman posts a news item that Morales and Chavez have
visited Cuba. First of all, if people are really interested in news about
government heads visiting Cuba, they can subscribe to Walter Lippmann's
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CubaNews/. The day is only half over, and
there are already 81 messages.

Next Adam taunts the US left for wringing its hands over whether Evo is a
"comrade" or not, clearly an attempt to get a rise out of David Walters,
sartesian, Wayne Rossi, Brian Shannon or whoever. Walters was the first to
take the bait, like a hungry largemouth bass.

Next we have a fresh round of accusations and counter-accusations--none of
which lead in the direction of a deeper understanding of the economic and
social changes taking place in Latin America.

After advising Joaquin both publicly and privately not to respond to
sartesian/rrubinelli/schanoes, he can't resist the temptation to smear him
with the charge that he doesn't like "spics".

I might have to throw a couple of people off the list for *good* and I
don't care who was the instigator.

It is time to suspend discussion of Latin America unless those posting can
actually say something new and that is also not intended to bait those who
you disagree with. If you are not sure that you can meet this criteria,
then you'd better write nothing.

Smoke is coming out of my ears right now.