[Marxism] Bush Crimes Commission Tour - a rolling teach-in

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Sun Apr 30 15:29:34 MDT 2006

I am sorry that I overlooked this.

Although I post Karpinski's speeches when it seems applicable--
perhaps too much for some--I was unaware that this is an ongoing
series inspired by the hearings that were held at the end of 2005.

The whole schedule is here. As usual, those interested should check
before hand. I have omitted the ones that have already taken place.
For information on these meetings, you can probably find out what
happened by locating the applicable schools' newspapers.

Personally, I don't think that this was marketed well. Everyone
should have known about this Operation Rolling Teach-In on Bush's War
Crimes. The URL below lists all of them. I have deleted those that
have already taken place

Brian Shannon

http://www.worldcantwait.net/index.php?
option=com_content&task=view&id=1354&Itemid=5

===================================

May 3, 2006 - UC Berkeley

Speakers:
Daniel Ellsberg, a former American military analyst who precipitated
a national uproar in 1971 when he released the Pentagon Papers, the
US military’s account of activities during the Vietnam War.  His
release of the Pentagon Papers succeeded in substantially eroding
public support for the war.
Craig Murray, Britain's outspoken Ambassador to the Central Asian
Republic of Uzbekistan from August 2002 to October 2004, Craig Murray
helped expose vicious human rights abuses by the US-funded regime of
Islam Karimov.
Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski, the former U.S. Brigadier General whose
800th Military Police Brigade was in charge of 17 prison facilities
in Iraq, including Abu Ghraib
Larry Everest, a journalist and author of Oil, Power, and Empire:
Iraq and the U.S. Global Agenda. He has covered the Middle East and
Central Asia for over 20 years for Revolution newspaper and other
publications.
<<location and time>> 2050 Life Science Building 7:00 P.M
__________

May 4, 2006 - Stanford University

Program Endorsed by: Stanford Faculty Against the War- Stanford
chapters of: Physicians for Human Rights, Physicians for Social
Responsibility, National Lawyers Guild ·Also : Peninsula Peace &
Justice Center, World Can’t Wait—Drive Out the Bush Regime!
Speakers:
Craig Murray, [SEE ABOVE
Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski, [SEE ABOVE]
Larry Everest, [SEE ABOVE]
<<location and time>> 7:30 p.m @Hewlett Teaching Center, Rm 200
Regime!
Speakers:
Craig Murray, [SEE ABOVE]
Larry Everest ,[SEE ABOVE]
Professor Peter Phillips, Director of Project Censored, a media
research program that annually identifies the “Most Censored” news
stories in the U.S.

<<location and time>> , "The Commons", 7PM
Rights, World Can't Wait-Drive Out the Bush Regime
Speakers:
Craig Murray, [SEE ABOVE]
Brig. Gen. Janis Karpinski, [SEE ABOVE]
<<location and time>> SS122 (Social Sciences), Univ of Chicago @ 7:00
P.M

_________

May 18, 2006 - Los Angeles

Details to come.
_________

May 19th, 2006 - University of Washington, Seattle,
Speakers:

Ann Wright, was in the U.S. Army for 29 years and retired as a
colonel. Then she spent 16 years in the U.S. diplomatic corps; served
in Somalia, Sierra Leone, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan and reopened the
U.S. embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan in December 2001. She was one of
the three diplomats who resigned in March 2003 in opposition to the
war in Iraq. She now counts herself in the rank of the peacemakers,
not the war makers.
Vanessa Brocata,  International Policy Associate of Sexuality
Information and Education Council of the United States. Vanessa was
also the founder of Women Space at Bradley University.
Larry Everest, [SEE ABOVE]

<<Location and Time>>Kane Hall Doors open at 6:00pm, event starts at
6:30pm, General admission $7.00; students $5.00

For more info e-mail Seattle WCW at seattle at worldcantwait.org