[Marxism] Fidel

Joseph Callahan joeandcaroline at msn.com
Tue Aug 1 20:27:56 MDT 2006

The frenzy of the media and their prominent coverage of what
looks clearly like maybe a couple of hundred people at most in
Miami celebrating what they hope is the end of Fidel and the
revolution reminds me of the famous quote by Mark Twain -
"reports of my death are greatly exaggerated."

The press does throw in an occasional comment that the
triumphalism may be "premature."  I'll briefly comment that
while Fidel is a larger than life legendary leader, and one who
will probably be back soon, the Cuban revolution is much more
than one person.

Joe C.