[Marxism] Malcolm X and Islam (was The "anti-semitism" of theoppressed, etc.??)

Yoshie Furuhashi critical.montages at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 13:33:54 MDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

> >I think you'd find more than a few Kurdish and other people who might
> >disagree on that subject. Not in terms of Islam being intrinsically racist
> >or anything like that - but racial problems most definitely exist in the
> >Islamic world. To portray such a diverse world in this hopelessly
> >idealised terms is both foolish and patronising.
> >
> >Solidarity,
> >Ian
>
> Can't we refrain from rising to Yoshie's bait? She has posted over a
> thousand emails to lbo-talk, Marxmail and pen-l making these points.
> Frankly, she seems to have lost interest in anything that is not related to
> Islam. When I see people going on like that, my tendency is to give them a
> wide berth. Frankly, if I knew she would have gotten so worked up over my
> response to the MRZine open letter, I would have not written it. I have not
> seen such a monomaniacal outpouring since the early days of Marxism on the
> Internet when Comrade Gonzalo was being toasted the way that Mahmoud
> Ahmadinejad is today. That kind of devotion brings out the Paul Krassner in
> me.

Why not recognize the truth -- secular leftist organizations
(including this listserv, PEN-l, and LBO-talk) have few women members
and are not racially well integrated in the United States -- when you
see it rather than deny it by dismissing it as a "bait"?

Besides, you may not realize it, but Iran and Palestine are at the
center of US foreign policy, and Islam is the least understood
religion in the West, the religion that happens to be the major part
of cultures of the populations of the region that the multinational
empire is bent on remaking.

--
Yoshie
<http://montages.blogspot.com/>