[Marxism] Response from CU Chancellor's OfficereChurchillWitchHunt

Louis R Godena louisgodena at ids.net
Fri Aug 4 16:31:32 MDT 2006

Cherie;

When have real unions ever provided "tenure"?  That is, when have even a
substantial minority of (private) union workers achieved a status where they
could lose their positions only through gross misconduct or malfeasance?
I repeat: tenure is not a Marxist demand, but a liberal one intended to
co-opt or "ameliorate" the conditions of one relatively privileged sector of
the middle-strata at the expense of workers throughout society.   What
Marxist program contains within its pages a demand for "tenure", regardless
of productivity or job performance?    Did Lenin urge Russian academies to
provide a lifetime sinecure to their faculties?   He would hardly have
favored *anyone* (much less intellectuals or university professors!)
cravenly seeking to become comfortable under capitalism.  And, as has
happened in our own unhappy time, becoming "declassed" and "apolitical" at
the same time as 99% of the "tenured" have become.   The "role" of a worker
within the Marxist scheme is not to continually connive and do one's
damnedest to achieve a status whereby s/he can "live off the fat of the
land", but to continually to develop and educate others to put an end to the
flummery of capitalism and its attendant horrors.   One cannot effectively
do that if one expects permanently to feed at the teat of that same system.

That's all I'm saying.

Louis G