[Marxism] How to answer these questions?

Joaquin Bustelo jbustelo at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 4 19:56:59 MDT 2006

Ian writes: "By the way, I would also like to ask Joaquin if he thinks some
African-American leaders (including Jessie Jackson) calling Jewish people
'hymies' is 'justified and deserved'? Or what he thinks of the following
quotes from Khalid Abdul Mohammed of the Nation of Islam?"

By all means, feel free to ask anything you want, but, no, I respectfully
decline to join in the Black Muslim-, Jesse Jackson-, Al Sharpton- et
al-bashing. I'm just not going to do it.

The noisy hue and cry raised from time to time about Black "anti-semitism"
is just another form of how white folks try to turn the victim into the
criminal, the same old BS about "reverse racism" that they hurled at Malcolm
X.

And it really doesn't have much to do with the particular wording some Black
person may have chosen, or the resentments or prejudices they may harbor,
because racism is about institutional power. That's what's being defended
with such attacks: white power, white supremacy.

This is not about bad ideas or bad words, it is about social relations.

Joaquin