[Marxism] How to answer these questions?

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sat Aug 5 08:09:28 MDT 2006

> Message: 14
> Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:49:58 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "cleon42 at yahoo.com" <cleon42 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: RE: [Marxism] How to answer these questions?
> --- Joaquin Bustelo <jbustelo at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> The noisy hue and cry raised from time to time about Black
>> "anti-semitism"
>> is just another form of how white folks try to turn the victim into
>> the
>> criminal, the same old BS about "reverse racism" that they hurled at
>> Malcolm
>> X.
>
> I guess the Jews must be oppressing the Black Muslims, too.
>
> More of that "righteous" hatred, right? Please.
>
> Adam

I live in an Orthodox neighborhood, with a major Yeshiva a block from my
home. And those Jews are oppressing undocumented workers, the Salvadoran
and Mexican laborers who work for the Yeshiva. They've mentioned to me the
lousy pay, working conditions and racist attitudes of the neighbors. My
enlightened neighbors have also excluded African American families from
the neighborhood, with the active collusion of local real estate agencies.
And I can't even begin to recount the number of time Hasidics and Orthodox
Jews have moved from their subway seats when either my wife or my son have
sat down next to them. You tell me, are there grounds for hatred? You
would be right if you said that these are all symptoms of being "white" in
the USA. But, when MOST Jews then bemoan the holocaust and then use it to
justify slaughter in the middle east, it kind of leaves a bad taste, if
you know what I mean.