[Marxism] Re: [Three Way Fight blog] Defending My Enemy's Enemy

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sat Aug 5 10:15:35 MDT 2006

--
> Yoshie

What you should have said is "I've yet to hear anything NEW from any
leftist..." because these are all old issues that are being argued here.
Your point is merely rhetorical narcissism: basically you like to see your
fine polemical words in print and drawing a reaction. But, substantively,
the issue is raised anytime a nationalist movement -- be it of the secular
or Islamic flavor -- obtains weapons from a (from a subjective
perspective) dubious source. Nothing new there. If I were in Hezbollah or
any resistance struggling against imperialist agression, I think I would
get weapons wherever I could. I don't think we actually disagree on this
point. Your point about "it is Tehran's financial and military aids..." is
a red herring. It is not at issue in this discussion. The character of
Hezbollah, which you have defended, and how to approach it via solidarity,
is. You just want to argue.