[Marxism] The Case For Boycotting Israel and the United States

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 17:59:17 MDT 2006

It never ceases to amaze me how so many people on this list can bloviate on and on and on and on about the same thing that has been hashed over endlessly before on and offlist...

But when it comes to a clear-cut, straightforward chance for action, one we've been waiting for for a long, long time, the same people will rush in to raise absurd arguments against it.

You're right, why boycott Israel and not the US? For that matter, I think the next time I see workers on the picket line, I'll go over and tell them, "Why picket just your company? Why not the banks that finance it? Why not that government that supports it? Why not overthrow the whole ruling class? What the hell's wrong with you guys?"

Then I'll walk away and go home to find out what the latest score is in the marxmail debate about anti-Semitism.