[Marxism] The Case For Boycotting Israel and the United States

Mark Lause MLause at cinci.rr.com
Sat Aug 5 18:56:47 MDT 2006

It seems to me that, given Israeli dependence on the U.S., a boycott from
here would have a rather serious impact.  Indeed, I don't think anything
Israel has done has made much sense, save in reference to the U.S.

I haven't a clue why a boycott against Israel makes any less sense than a
boycott against any other secondary imperialist power engaged in
particularly reprehensible actions...South Africa comes to mind.

Of course, the point isn't the boycott but the political pressure it may
bring to bear, particularly in the educational impact it could have in the
U.S. where the Zionists have had a generally unchallenged control over the
public discourse....

But I'm sure somebody will quote Lenin and set everything a-right....

ML