[Marxism] Tony Bennett

Andrew Pollack acpollack2 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 13:18:15 MDT 2006

Jonathan Schwartz interviewed Tony Bennett today on his radio show. When asked what he thought about war in Iraq and Lebanon, he replied that although he'd fought in World War II, he had become a pacifist. "I'm for peace," he repeated a couple times, and "only love works."

I had no idea what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised he didn't say the predictable.

P.S. When asked what he was reading, he said a friend had just given him a book about Thomas Paine!