[Marxism] antisemitism workshop audio now online

Mike Friedman mikedf at amnh.org
Sun Aug 6 15:55:32 MDT 2006

Uhh... maybe I missed something, but why does your reading
kersblebeded's books make it unsurprising that he "got it right"? For
my part, I'll be content with Fred Feldman's report back. I've found
him to be a reliable source. And in my opinion, honest activists
shouldn't be organizing symposia on anti-semitism in the movement at
this moment, but on building the movement against the U.S./Israeli
aggression and Israeli apartheid. The aggression has cost the lives
of well over a thousand Palestinian and Lebanese civilians to date,
as well as destroying much if not most of the Lebanese and Gaza
infrastructures. And, yes, it's cost some Israeli civilian lives as
well. In the context of such a symposium, there could certainly have
been a workshop or panel speaker on anti-semitism. But, I think, at a
minimum,  the organizers of the Bluestocking event have their
priorities screwed up.

By the way, Lou P., there would be another short-term activity or
series of activities that could be entertained: a movement-wide
educational conference or teach-in on the crisis and the U.S./Israeli
role in the Middle East. If the major anti-war coalitions could do
this together, it would be magnificent!

--
Michael Friedman
Doctoral Candidate in Ecology, Evolutionary Biology and Behavior

Molecular Systematics Laboratory
Department of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
79th Street at Central Park West