[Marxism] synonyms for "capture" - arrest, detain, abduct, seize, kidnap, took, hold

Brian Shannon Brian_Shannon at verizon.net
Sun Aug 6 16:17:48 MDT 2006

<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=Dweik&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&start=0>

I chose "capture" for the subject line, because it wasn't used in the
other headlines.

All of these articles are about the Israeli army kidnapping Aziz
Dweik, THE SPEAKER OF THE PALESTINIAN PARLIAMENT, from his home.

It is the kind of story that is rarely reported in the Western Press
(except by news services but then never published). Yet it is these
events that describe the day-to-day provocations and insults that
Israel systematically imposes on the Palestinians and their allies in
the surrounding countries.

When a soldier is captured across a boundary, whether legal, illegal
or disputed, that is an international incident and the excuse for
destroying a nation and the slaughter of thousands. But the
systematic action of the Israeli government and the Zionist settlers
in the U.S. financed enclaves in the West Bank go unmentioned.

In the rare cases where they are mentioned, it is reported as a dry-
as-dust event, without any of the emotive content that we see in
stories about Israel.

As you can see, I was struck by the loaded words used to describe the
kidnapping. How mild it is to "take" or "hold" or someone. Here is
one variation of holding and taking, but there are hundreds.

> Hold me, hold me
> Never let me go until you've told me, told me
> What I want to know and then just hold me, hold me
> Make me tell you I'm in love with you

Brian Shannon
____________________

Israel holds Palestinian Speaker
Aziz Dweik
Israeli forces had twice before surrounded Mr Dweik's home
Israeli forces have detained the Speaker of the Palestinian
parliament at his home in the West Bank.

Aziz Dweik, also a key member of Hamas, which controls the
government, was held after 20 Israeli vehicles surrounded his home in
Ramallah.

The Israeli military confirmed the detention, saying Mr Dweik was a
legitimate target as a Hamas leader.

FULL AT http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5249528.stm